Friday, November 12, 2010

Missing Statusbar in Firefox 4 beta 7?!

.
Yeah, this is not an important post, but I like to test-write it. I've heard Mozilla will release another beta this November, and I don't know when. And today, while browsing some internet information, my Firefox asks me whether to install their new beta release or not, and I say yes.

Daa daa daaa.. (installing). Daa daa daaa... (restarting).

Whoaaa.. This new Firefox beta has already being Googled!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Experience the Firefox simplicity and you'll know what I meant by being Googled. 

Oh okay, I'll just write it here to avoid the extra work. The overall design become so simple and clean. But some usual buttons is gone. Like the Refresh and the Stop button. Simple is nice, as they say before. And, the infamous Status bar, the bar once situated down below in our internet browser now.. is gone... What?! X-O

What is a Status bar? From WiseGeek, Status bar in an internet browser:
  • shows the computer’s progress in loading the website. (done, redirecting, transferring, stopped, loading, etc..) 
  • shows how much of the page has been loaded. Once the page is completely loaded, the bar goes blank again. 
  • shows the URL address of the hypertext link when the user places his or her cursor over the link. 

Status bar also is used to view some of Firefox add-ons. And for me, I tried to limit add-ons from crowding my Status bar because I really need to see the full URL for any hypertext link. Status bar is crucial to me! :-P

"Enough rants already, now show us how to get back status bar in Firefox 4 beta 7!"
Nope, I can't~   :-P
"Why?"
Status bar IS embedded inside our address bar already... Check it yourself~

Did you see that URL for the 'more' option showed up in our address bar?

"And, how to view our add-ons inside the Status bar again?"
Oh, that one can be arranged. Follow my steps below~

1.) Click on the empty space next to the new tab.
Click on the Add-on Bar, please :-)

2.) Now you can see your compatible Firefox add ons again~~
At the moment most of the add ons is incompatible with Firefox 4 beta 7, especially my Alexa Sparky... :-(
Hurmmm. I'm grateful my add ons can be viewed again, this is good, better than nothing, rite? :-)

A few more links for Firefox 4 beta 7:
  • Mozilla: What's new in Firefox 4 beta. 
  • Gizmodo: Firefox 4 beta 7 is nearly complete and much speedier. 
  • PCMag: Firefox 4 Beta 7 Boasts 3D, GPU, Java Enhancements.

Ooigi.blog: "I do feel Fx4b7 is likely much faster, but.. we'll see."
This posts is supposed to out yesterday, but, never mind. :-)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment