Monday, November 8, 2010

autorun.inf Compilations: Being "Automatic" is a Complicated Pain in the Neck.

.
Actually I've finished my autorun.inf compilation a while ago, but didn't have my time to write a post about it. And this post is initially my way of distraction-killer because I always get distracted when writing other blog posts. hurmmmmm.. :-(

Strangely, when I was just the one who notices some incoming trends or going to write a sudden niche or sharing the world a piece of my mind, the world around me has already started writing my stuff, LOL. My life is somewhat always like that. My silver lining is I have more free time coz the question for my answer is already there for me, but at times I wanted to be that *pioneer blogger* too!   ;-)

Okies dokies. Here is another of my self-claim "analysis" then, presenting...
autorun.inf Compilations: Being "Automatic" is a Complicated Pain in the Neck?!

Autorun.inf compilations

A personal compilation of 37 bad autorun.inf I gathered from USB drives.. X-O And, sorry for my silly mistake, I should've write autorun commands instead of autorun scripts. Commands is the real term, and script is my wrong-imagination term - I hope you gets the real idea (and the real term)... :-(

Continued analysis (from the ebook):
  • From Wikipedia, autorun.inf have five (5) sections: [autorun], [content], [exclusivecontentpaths], [ignorecontentpaths], and [deviceinstall]. Only [autorun] section and it's keys is used throughout the whole compilations. 
  • [autorun] and [deviceinstall] section can be found in Windows XP or later. The other three - [content], [exclusivecontentpaths] and [ignorecontentpaths] can be found in Windows Vista or later version of Windows.
  • and, before, between or after a section, actually you can write almost anything into a autorun.inf file. As from the compilations above, you can see how they masks the autorun.inf keys with blablabla texts to hide the real commands. Pretty sneaky eh? ;-)
  • While usually Windows reads AutoRun commands in English, I don't know whether commands written in other languages is in effects too. What I know is, I don't trust autorun.inf sometimes. 

Ooigi.blog: "Autorun: to run or not to run?"
:-?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment