Saturday, January 22, 2011

pdfSAM means Split and Merge your PDFs~

.: Last two days I'm in desperate need to separate some pages in a pdf and to make it as a single document. Before instructing Google to search that software for me, I manipulate what pdf software I already have... That's we called it "manipulated initiative", LOL~   :-P

The first idea I had in mind is to open that target document, re-print it again with doPDF v7. I choose to print for selected pages, and compared the reprinted pdf with the original.

Result : The size of the images and texts from the reprinted pdf is much smaller than the original. Thus, this software half-failed my quest already.

My second initiative is to use another print-to-pdf software, ImagePrinter 2.0.1. By changing the settings from PNG to PDF, I choose to print my preferred pdf page with this software.

Result : To my dismay, the printed pdfs is not in whole document, but it is in multiple pdfs. Hahahaha. I totally forgot that this software is incapable of joining documents (did it?). Plus the outcome pdf has it's text and images shrunked. Another not-so-fail attempt.

Third try...

Okay, I need to command my loyal servant to look up the Net if such software capable of separating selected pages from a pdf without shrinking it's texts or it's images or it's quality exists. Google boy, come help meeee~~~

Nee nong, neee nongggg~ (sounds like an ambulance siren)..

Alrighttt~ It's done. The correct term to search such software is "how to split my pdf", and the first result is the blog who review about pdfsam (pdf Split and Merge), a helpful open source software that I've been looking for.

So, from a pdf of 6 pages, I split it up to one pdf from page 1 to 4, and another pdf from page 5 and 6. Let's see what happens..

Result : Good job torakiki! Your free software help make my day! Pdf splitting project is now complete. I liiiiiiiiiiiiike, thank you thank you thank youuuuuuuuuu~~    X-D

By the way, pdfSAM can merge your pdfs too~


Ooigi.blog: "Try it on our own first before seeking help. Or I should seek help first so I won't dissapoints myself?"
X-D   School of hard knocks - Lesson learned!
:.

No comments:

Post a Comment