Monday, May 16, 2011

Nokia 6300 battery hack (Swap BL-4C with BL-5C)

.: I had one second-hand Nokia 6300 before it was stolen while I was helping a customer. Actually it was pretty well hidden because I was charging it, but then the thief got pretty clever and I got distracted and he's able to run away with my phone. Ouch.. :-(

Nokia 6300 with black housing cover.
So I got another one from a local bidding website and after installing the new phone updates (software updates remove the phone security code because the seller didn't know the code either, aiya), plus trying and testing a few Nokia 6300 games, the original battery run out pretty fast. It's all about pretty things inside here, and I wonder why... :-?

Before this I read somewhere on the internet where someone has already do the battery hack before, which he use Nokia BL-5C instead of the original BL-4C in his 6300. And today the link is gone from my Firefox bookmark lists, hurmmm..

Why must BL-5C?
First, the current BL-4C power is about 890 mAh which is insufficient for daily SMSses and calls done with 6300 (and for playing games and listening to mp3s too). So, the other option is to look for "similar sized" battery with more power, in this case, it's the Nokia BL-5C.

Compact and slim Li-on BL-5C battery comes with 1020 mAh of power, an additional of 130 mAh than the original BL-4C. Such an extra power is pretty helpful, because some user claim it can last about 3 days of usage, unlike the my current BL-4C which able to lasts about 1 day only. The problem is, BL-5C is slightly thicker than BL-4C.

You may asks why don't we use the 1150 mAh BL-6C? Oops, that battery is way too thick to carry this incoming hack, but you can give it a try if you want to. As a warning, doing so may shorten the battery life, even shorter than BL-5C itself... X-O

At this rate I really hope I can find the pictorial guide back to do the battery hack. I know I found it somewhere before, but my bookmark is no more. Thank God Alhamdulillah there still exists the one and only video of Nokia 6300 battery hack, and here it is~~

Nokia 6300 battery upgrade to BL-5C
Too bad Youtube has disabled the audio. They claims that it contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG...

Eh? Actually you can fit the battery in if you *push* it a little harder? But.. but... okay, I'll might give it a try later. hurmmm.. The idea here is to replace the original 6300 battery with another battery that has more power. But Nokia didn't make such BL-4C-like battery yet. So we may ned to opt for other battery brand to solve this. But, does this..

..1600 mAh BL-4U battery authentic? 1600 mAh!!?

I found it as Nokia X-Level battery in Lelong.com.my. But the name on the packaging is X-Energy... (You can see it can be use for different type of Nokia phones: E66, E75, 5530 XM, 5730 XM, 6212 C, 6300i, 6600 S, 5800 Arte, 5800 Sapphire Arte, 8800 Carbon Arte, 8800 Gold Arte. 6300i is pretty similar to 6300, only 6300i have 30 Mb internal memory - which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better when playing Nokia Java games...)

For further and extra reading:

Ooigi.blog: "I really wish I had that Nokia 6300i, so that I won't see any out of memory error again..."
X-O
:.

No comments:

Post a Comment