Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Avast 5: Makes Computer Slow When Starting Up?

.
In response to "Avast 5 - Computer Freezes up/Slow when start up?" and "What is avast! responsible for?". Seriously, Avast 5 do slows down my computer...

After done with my previous Avast 5 blocking my internet connection, another problem arises. My computer becomes very slow when starting up. This occurs after I've stop my Avast 5 Web Shield permanently. Every time I boot my computer, everything is running fine, but I need to wait for many minutes. Urghhhh.. :-(

One of my first action is to check the PF Usage in Windows Task Manager. To my dismay, with RAM of 512MB, my PF Usage exceeds my RAM = 750++ MB. Wow, no wonder it starts very very very slow...

Strangely, this thing happens only to computer that I've uninstalled other AV before using Avast 5. But with computers that have a clean installation, I mean after reformatting, Avast 5 Free Edition is working just fine. No internet connection problem, no slow start ups, no bad weather, no nothing, just fine. Strange... :-?

And I do think my disabled Web Shield is the culprit. Somehow, because this real-time shield is stopped permanently, Avast 5 is getting it's revenge by slowing down my computer... :-P   What to do, I need to completely remove Avast 5 Web Shield to fasten up my PC. And how to do that?

First, "uninstall" Avast 5.
Control Panel > Add or Remove Program > Avast 5 > Change/Remove
Choose "Change", and wait~

OK. Here we choose to unchecked the Web Shield option, which Avast 5 will uninstall it later.

Wait for Avast doing it's stuff...

Restart~

We should restart again because after the first restart, Avast 5 still has some "headaches". After 2 or 3 restart then Avast 5 is good. (Mine need to restart 2 times) :-P  Successful uninstall will have their Avast 5 without Web Shield anymore. (6 working real-time shields).

That's all for today. Hope this pictorial guide help fasten up our Avast5 computers~   ;-)


OoiGi.blog: "Owh Avast, how come you do this to me? But I still love you~~"
:-P
.

No comments:

Post a Comment